Lakehill’s Plan for Reopening
Lakehill’s Reopening Task Force Team has worked diligently to develop a plan that fulfills our commitment to maintaining an excellent academic program and an enriching student experience, while protecting the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and families. We are grateful for the committee members who worked tirelessly for the benefit of our school community. We now have the opportunity to begin a new journey together, equipped with the very best guidance and ideas from medical experts, government leaders, and innovative teachers and staff.
The information contained here will be updated as we continue to closely monitor guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dallas County Health and Human Services, and the State of Texas.
Lakehill’s operating procedures, academic policies, calendar, and special events as outlined in these pages may be changed at any time as we move fluidly through phases of reopening.
Lakehill Preparatory School is committed to accomplishing our mission of guiding motivated students to learn with curiosity, lead with confidence, and serve with compassion. Having our students on campus is our primary goal as we know our students thrive on being with each other and with our faculty, learning and growing together.
Lakehill is currently planning to begin classes through distance learning on August 24, 2020, and move to health-informed, in-person classes on campus beginning September 8.
These webpages are your guide to Lakehill’s Plan for Reopening. The information contained here is based on the information known as of today. Our work is not finished. Additional policies and practices are constantly being considered and reviewed. We continue to be fully engaged in finalizing the many logistical details necessary to return safely to campus.
To reopen successfully, we are making changes for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff, and community. When we return to campus, spaces will look different, schedules will shift, and new rules will be in place. While there is no doubt that this year will begin unlike any other in our school’s history, we are dedicated to providing our students with the best Lakehill experience in the safest way possible.
Priorities in Developing Our Plan for Reopening
These top priorities are the focus of our Plan for Reopening.
- Providing a high-quality distance-learning program for our students that is streamlined and effective.
- Implementing enhanced health and safety measures in an effort to minimize the exposure to COVID-19 for our students, faculty, and staff by following local, state, and national requirements and guidelines.
- Providing a campus experience with optimal learning for students through in-person instruction with the support of teachers and the familiarity of school routines.
- Providing support for our students who periodically need an at-home option rather than being on campus.
Parent and Student Information Sessions
Online classes will begin on Monday, August 24, 2020. Parents and students will attend online information sessions on August 20, or August 21, which will cover information on the distance learning program, as well as the new health and safety protocols and the daily class schedules when we are on campus. All information sessions will be held via Zoom. The schedule for these Information Sessions is listed below.
- Lower School: Friday, August 21 – Parents and students are asked to attend.
- Kindergarten: 10:00 a.m.
- First Grade: 10:45 a.m.
- Second Grade: 11:30 a.m.
- Third Grade: 12:15 p.m.
- Fourth Grade: 1:00 p.m.
- Middle School: Friday, August 21 – All students are asked to attend, parents are also welcome.
- Eighth Grade: 10:00 a.m.
- Seventh Grade: 10:45 a.m.
- Sixth Grade: 11:30 a.m.
- Fifth Grade: 1:00 p.m.
- Upper School: Thursday, August 20 – All students are asked to attend, parents are also welcome.
- Ninth Grade: 11:00 a.m.
- Tenth Grade: 11:45 a.m.
- Eleventh Grade: 12:30 p.m.
- Twelfth Grade: 1:15 p.m.
See You Soon
We have missed having everyone on campus and look forward to the start of the new school year. Please be sure to monitor school communications for important updates and additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact Patti Frullo, at email@example.com.