People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Children often present with a different set of symptoms from adults. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
- Temperature equal to or above 100.4 F
- Sore throat
- Cough (for those with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain (for those with chronic issues, a change in their baseline)
- Headache (for those with chronic issues, a change in their baseline)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose (for those with chronic allergies, a change in their baseline)
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue that is greater than normal
This list does not include all possible symptoms. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to update this list as more is learned.
Sources for Information
Lakehill Preparatory School is tracking news and information about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the area. This is a quickly evolving situation so please check this page regularly for the most up-to-date information concerning Lakehill.
In this time of uncertainty, it is best to rely on information from reliable sources. Please reference these organizations for information.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Lakehill’s Plan for Reopening
Lakehill is open for health-informed, in-person learning for the 2020-21 school year as of September 8, 2020.
Read our complete Plan for Reopening.