Environmental Science Center Curriculum
The programs of the Alice and Erle Nye Family Environmental Science Center inspire students to become stewards of the environment by building awareness, furthering understanding, and leading them to take environmentally sound actions based on their knowledge of the world in which they live.
Topics for students in kindergarten through eighth grade include:
- Kindergarten – Awesome Animals
- First Grade – Beautiful Birds
- Second Grade – Incredible Insects
- Third Grade – Productive Plants
- Fourth Grade – Tremendous Trees
- Fifth Grade – Spectacular Soil
- Sixth Grade – Wonderful Water
- Seventh Grade – Citizen Science
- Eighth Grade – Environmental Energy
Upper School topics may include Aquatic Science, Ecosystems, Environmental Science, Freshwater Ecology, Soil Studies, Water Quality Monitoring, and Zoology.